Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 ... are you ready?

I have said my farewells to 2010.

I have been asked many times what do I want out of life. My answer is always simple but not at all detailed, to live and to experience. This is my personal list, and 2011 I hope you are ready because I plan on marking some items off this list. As always suggestions welcomed ;)

• Skydive
• Get my nose pierced
• Add to my personal canvas more, tattoos
• Travel ... travel ... travel
• Write a book
• Own a home again
• Own a vacation home
• Have a "weekend" car
• Like the reflection in the mirror
• Go on a shopping spree
• Take my family on a big vacation
• Never stop adding to this list
• Take pictures of EVERYTHING
• Love my family and friends like there is no tomorrow
• Never stop growing, learning, caring, and believing
• Learn to "let my hair down"
• Learn to play the guitar
• Learn to play the piano
• Fly on an airplane ... or a helicopter
• Experience as many concerts as I can
• Find something I love to do, can be passionate about .. and pays the bills
• Read, read, and read
• Break out of my shell
• Rid myself and my home of clutter
• Accept my inner darkness and let her out to play more
• Have stories to tell ... and pictures to prove it
• Always stay open minded
• Be honest ... even if it hurts ... especially with myself
• Help others
• Meet new people
• Always laugh and smile more than I frown and cry ... even if its hard
• Listen to my "gut" I have failed it more than it has me
• Remember I have no power over others, not through loyalty, love, friendship
   or blood. I can only account for myself and my path ... theirs is theirs
   to walk... with or without me beside them is their choice
• Hope optimism wins the internal war and not beat myself up when
   pessimism wins a battle
• Not let fear get in my way

It's not complete, it's a start. This is my list for me and me alone, not that I don't have a list for my family life, or that these items will be done alone. I am tired of waiting for life to happen, I have to make it happen... 2011 is that start of that ;)

1 comment: